IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment also known as photo-rejuvenation is a popular non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that uses high-intensity pulses of light to improve the appearance of various skin conditions, including hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and fine lines and wrinkles.
How it works
How it works
The IPL system produces a broad beam of highly concentrated light. This light is filtered to a wavelength that is selectively absorbed by the target tissues with minimal effect on surrounding tissues. This absorption produces heat, which in turn alters the undesirable target tissues. The body’s natural healing process then absorbs the affected tissue and allows for re-growth of healthy tissue. The duration and energy of the light pulse are adjusted for your specific skin characteristics to achieve maximum benefit. The target is usually abnormal pigmentation or small, unsightly blood vessels.
Why we use IPL
Why we use IPL
- Improves Skin Tone and Texture: IPL treatment can improve the overall tone and texture of the skin by reducing the appearance of sun damage, age spots, and hyperpigmentation. It can also help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve the skin’s overall texture and smoothness.
- Reduces Redness and Rosacea: IPL treatment can help to reduce the appearance of redness and rosacea on the face by targeting the blood vessels that cause the redness. It can also help to reduce the appearance of broken blood vessels and spider veins.
- Minimises Acne and Acne Scars: IPL treatment can be used to treat acne by killing the bacteria that cause breakouts. It can also help to reduce the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen production and promoting healing.
- Safe and Non-Invasive: IPL treatment is a safe and non-invasive procedure that can provide excellent results with minimal risk of complications. It requires no downtime, and patients can resume their normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Customisable Treatment: IPL treatment can be customised to the individual patient’s needs and skin type. The intensity of the light can be adjusted to target specific skin concerns, and different filters can be used to target different types of pigmentation and redness.
Most patients require multiple IPL treatments spaced several weeks apart to achieve optimal results. The number of treatments required will depend on the specific skin condition being treated and the patient’s individual skin type and concerns. After a series of IPL treatments, patients can expect to see a gradual improvement in the overall appearance and texture of their skin.
- Treatment Time – 30 to 45 Mins
- Discomfort – Mild
- Recovery – 1-2 Days
Preparation and Aftercare
4 weeks prior to the treatment
- Please inform the doctor if you have taken Roaccutane (oral acne medication) in the past 6 month.
- Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds.
- Do not use fake tans.
1 week prior to the treatment
- Discontinue any irritative topical actives such as Tretinoin, Retinol, AHA/BHA, Vitamin C.
- Do not use any medication that causes photosensitivity such as Tetracycline or Minocycline.
- Do not wax, thread, or tweeze hair from the treatment area.
- Do not use depilatory creams or bleach hair in the treatment area.
- Do not have electrolysis on the treatment area.
- Reduce sun exposure.
2 days prior to the treatment
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medicine.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Protective eye shields are worn throughout the treatment.
- The treatment area will be cleaned, and a topical numbing cream may be applied to help minimize any discomfort.
- You may feel a mild stinging or snapping sensation during the treatment, but it is generally well-tolerated.
- A sensation of heat that may persist for a few minutes after treatment.
- Treatments take from just a few minutes to 30 minutes or more depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- You may experience some redness, swelling, or mild discomfort, but these side effects are generally temporary and should resolve on their own within a few hours to a few days.
- Apply a wrapped cool compress or wrapped ice pack to the treatment areas for 10 minutes every 1-2 hours as needed to reduce post treatment swelling and redness.
- Use mild cleanser twice daily for 3-5 days, and do not rub the skin vigorously.
- Use regular non-occlusive hydrating cream to keep treatment area hydrated until your skin has resumed normal function (5-7 days).
- Avoid hot baths, sauna, sweat inducing exercise for 2-3 days.
- Strict sun protection and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 50+ for 4 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid harsh topical products such as AHAs, BHAs, vitamin A for at least 7 days.
- May resume wearing makeup as normal 2 days after the procedure. Make sure makeup brushes are clean and there are no crusts or scabs on skin before you resume cosmetics.
- Do not scratch, pick, pull at or abrade the treated skin. If a crust or scab occurs, you can apply topical wound gel or antibiotic ointment twice daily until it comes off naturally.
- Avoid shaving and waxing in the areas of treatment for 7 days.
- Facial Redness & Acne
- IPL Photo-Rejuvenation
- 3 Treaments
- Combination of IPL & Pigment Laser
- 5 Treatments
- Facial Redness & Redness
- IPL Photo-Rejuvenation
- 3 Treatments
Pricing & Packages
- Full Face $500
- Neck & Decolletage $450
- Face, Neck & Decolletage $850
- Full Arms $800
- Full Legs $1500
- Hands $250
- For best results: Depending on the level of concern, most patients see best results from 4-6 treatments, 4 weeks apart.
IPL Photo-Rejuvenation Packages
- Treatment course of 3 Sessions Pay for 3 get 4
Photo-Fractional Treatment Packages (a combination of IPL and Non-ablative skin resurfacing to the improvement of both skin texture and tone)
- Full Face $1500
- Neck & Decolletage $1200
- Full Face, Neck & Decolletage $2500