SkinBooster treatments are a revolutionary approach to skincare designed to hydrate, rejuvenate, and enhance the overall texture and appearance of the skin. Unlike traditional skincare methods, SkinBoosters go beyond surface-level improvements, delivering deep hydration and nourishment to the skin from within.
If your skin is dry, crepey and lackluster, skin hydration boosters could be your solution. It is also an essential part of your skin maintenance! SkinBoosters are the beauty industry’s best-kept secret and are quickly becoming one of the most popular non-surgical treatments to improve the overall skin quality and enhance the glow of the skin.
How it works
How it works
Skin hydrators (SkinBooster) are an injectable treatment that involve tiny molecules of a gel-type substance (hyaluronic acid) placed underneath the skin. Unlike traditional dermal filler, they are not injected to add volume or “fill”. Instead, they work by pulling and holding moisture into the gel particle, which keeps the skin hydrated and boosts the overall skin quality. The result is fuller, firmer and more radiant-looking skin.
Why we use SkinBooster?
Why we use SkinBooster?
Whilst the non-cross-linked HA in skin boosters can provide deep skin hydration, the treatment area will experience a natural healing process from the micro injuries as we see with micro-needling. This results in a boost of collagen and elastin production. From this treatment we can anticipate increased skin firmness and elasticity, smooth and softened skin, a reduction in fine lines, and improvement of acne scars or skin texture irregularities.
Suitable for both men and women, skin hydrators & boosters can be used independently or as part of an overall treatment program with other cosmetic injectables. Treatable areas include the face, neck, décolletage and hands.
Patients can expect to see a progressive and gradual improvement up to 4 weeks post treatment, with results lasting up to 12 months. A course of 3-6 treatments is recommended for best results, with maintenance treatments recommended every 6 months thereafter to ensure lasting results. SkinBoosters is easily combined into your usual skincare routine, and with other aesthetic treatments. Patients can expect to experience little to minimal downtime from this treatment.
- Treatment Time – 40 Mins
- Discomfort – Mild
- Recovery – 24 Hours
Preparation and Aftercare
- If able to, please stop any medication 7 days prior that can increase your risk of bleeding e.g. Aspirin, fish oil, ibuprofen. (Do not stop medication if recommended to take for a medical reason)
- Avoid using ‘active skincare’ products e.g. Retinol, AHA/BHAs, for 2 days pre procedure.
- Avoid heavy exercise 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid heavy alcohol consumption 24 hours prior.
Skin boosters are applied with a mesotherapy gun. These are machines that utilise a 9 point multi-needle system to deliver a specific amount of non-cross-linked HA to a specific depth. It also uses suction to bring the skin to the needles to provide even distribution of the dermal filler up to 1mm into the skin.
Prior to your procedure, we apply a topical numbing agent which makes the treatment a comfortable experience. It is also possible to perform the treatment without numbing cream, as the suction helps to also alleviate any discomfort.
- It is advisable that you do not touch the area for a minimum of 6 hours, ideally 12 hours.
- Can apply cool compress to the arears to reduce any discomfort or swelling.
- Avoid heavy alcohol consumption or heavy exercise for 24 hours afterwards as minimises bruising.
- Do not apply make-up for 24 hours
- Avoid restarting ‘active skincare’ products e.g. Retinol, AHA/BHAs, for 3 days post procedure.
- Avoid facials/sun beds/chemical peels / laser resurfacing for 14 days.
- Avoid exposure to UV, extreme heat i.e. sauna, steam rooms, sun beds etc. as this may increase discomfort and swelling for 2 weeks.
- If you experience any lumpiness in the injection area it can be gently massaged to help smooth this out. You should also avoid any facial massages or skin resurfacing until the area has healed fully.
Best paired with
Chemical PeelsDreaming of a complexion free from sun damage, pigmentation, dull and dry skin? Reveal clearer, hydrated, smoother skin with our medical grade chemical peels today at The R Clinic. Learn more about Chemical Peels
LED Light TherapyHeal your skin and bring out your inner glow with medical grade LED Light Treatments. Reveal that inner glow and promote skin rejuvenation and healing at The R Clinic Canberra. Learn more about LED Light Therapy
Skin Firming and Tightening with Morpheus 8Renew your skin and reverse the signs of aging with the power of microneedling and RF therapy combined with Morpheus8 treatment. Discover more about our innovative skin treatments and reclaim your youthful skin. Learn more about Skin Firming and Tightening with Morpheus 8
PRP Skin RejuvenationHarness the body’s healing abilities and amplify the body’s natural growth factors to rejuvenate and revitilise your skin though PRP Skin injections. PRP can boost your natural collagen production to help stimulate a youthful glow – improving skin tone, texture, fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and dark circles. Learn more about PRP Skin Rejuvenation
Pricing & Packages
Skin Hydrating Booster
- Skin Booster – Full Face $660
- Skin Booster – Face & Decolletage $850