Revitilaise and visibly transform your skin with skin needling by SkinPen® at The R Clinic.
Skin needling or micro-needling is a form of collagen induction therapy. It involves piercing the skin superficially with ultra-thin needles to stimulate collagen reproduction, which leads to cellular rejuvenation and cellular turnover. Micro-needling is a very popular and versatile non-surgical cosmetic treatment that can visibly transform your skin allowing you to address a variety of skin concerns with minimal downtime.
At the R Clinic we use the SkinPen® device for our micro-needling treatments.
How it works
How it works
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure involving the movement of a pen-like device with an attached sterile, disposable cartridge tip containing small needles over the skin’s surface. The microneedles puncture the skin and create tiny micro injuries that are not visible to the naked eye. These tiny punctures stimulate tissue regeneration through a process called collagen induction therapy (CIT) which improves the appearance of the skin.
Why we use SkinPen®?
Why we use SkinPen®?
SkinPen® is the first FDA approved device for skin needling and is recognized by Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods. This state-of-the-art microneedling device accelerate collagen production and cell regeneration. By utilising microneedling (CIT), skin concerns such as acne scars, surgical scars and stretch marks may be addressed. Cosmetic concerns such as fine lines, skin laxity, skin texture, and pore size may also be improved.
Results from microneedling appear gradually as the body’s processes go to work stimulating cell renewal and collagen production. It generally takes at least up to 3 months before a physical improvement can be seen. However, you will likely see some preliminary improvement as soon as your treatment is over which will continue. To produce the most significant outcome with SkinPen®, we recommend a series of six microneedling treatments spaced about four to six weeks apart. Once full results are achieved, an occasional touch-up treatment will help you maintain your radiant glow over the long term.
- Treatment Time – 30 Mins
- Discomfort – Mild
- Recovery – 12 Hours
Preparation & Aftercare
- 1 week prior to the treatment: minimize sun exposure
- To reduce the risk of bruising: discontinue aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, ginseng, gingko, St. John’s Wort 1 week prior to treatment
- If you are prone to have recurrent cold sores, please speak to your doctor about taking prophylactic anti-viral on the day of procedure
- On the day of the treatment: avoid wearing make-up and exercise. Bring a hat and sunglasses along with you to your treatment.
The procedure is performed in clinic and usually lasts around 30 minutes. Prior to the procedure, topical anaesthetic will be used to minimize discomfort during treatment. The SkinPen® is applied to treatment area and moved around on the skin in a methodical fashion. The depth of treatment is adjustable, so it is safe to use on the entire face, as well as neck and even hands. Even delicate area around the eyes and around the mouth can be treated with minimal discomfort. The procedure is not painless, but most patients rate the pain 2 out of 10!
- Use regular hydrating cream or gel to keep treatment area well hydrated until your skin has resumed normal function (~5 days)
- Avoid sun exposure, hot showers, sauna, sweat inducing exercise for 2-3 days
- Avoid highly fragranced products, AHAs, BHAs, topical vitamin A for 5-7 days
- May resume wearing makeup as normal 2 days after the procedure
- Do not scratch, pick, pull at or abrade the treated skin
- Avoid shaving and waxing in the areas of treatment for 7 days
- Avoid anti-wrinkle injection, dermal filler, or laser skin rejuvenation for 2 week
Best pairs with
Chemical PeelsDreaming of a complexion free from sun damage, pigmentation, dull and dry skin? Reveal clearer, hydrated, smoother skin with our medical grade chemical peels today at The R Clinic. Learn more about Chemical Peels
LED Light TherapyHeal your skin and bring out your inner glow with medical grade LED Light Treatments. Reveal that inner glow and promote skin rejuvenation and healing at The R Clinic Canberra. Learn more about LED Light Therapy
Skin Firming and Tightening with Morpheus 8Renew your skin and reverse the signs of aging with the power of microneedling and RF therapy combined with Morpheus8 treatment. Discover more about our innovative skin treatments and reclaim your youthful skin. Learn more about Skin Firming and Tightening with Morpheus 8
PRP Skin RejuvenationHarness the body’s healing abilities and amplify the body’s natural growth factors to rejuvenate and revitilise your skin though PRP Skin injections. PRP can boost your natural collagen production to help stimulate a youthful glow – improving skin tone, texture, fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and dark circles. Learn more about PRP Skin Rejuvenation
Skin Hydration Booster (Skin Booster)If your skin is dry, crepey and lackluster, skin hydration boosters could be your solution. It is also an essential part of your skin maintenance! Skin boosters are the beauty industry’s best-kept secret and are quickly becoming one of the most popular non-surgical treatments to improve the overall skin quality and enhance the glow of the skin. Learn more about Skin Hydration Booster (Skin Booster)
Pricing and Packages
- Skin Needling by SkinPen® – Single Treatment $350
Skin Needling Treatment Packages
- Treatment of 3 Skin Needling ($325/Treatment) Combined with LED Light Therapy $975
- Treatment of 6 Skin Needling ($300/Treatment) Combined with LED Light Therapy $1800