Restore balance and volume, redefine, and recontour your natural facial features and curves with dermal fillers at the R clinic.
Dermal filler or face fillers offer easy, non-surgical remedies to enhance the appearance of the face, neck, and hands by minimising the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, to replace lost volume, augment your natural features and refresh a tired appearance. Age is one of the main culprits for older-looking skin, but dermal fillers can be the answer to revitalising that youthful appearance. Dermal fillers are a modern medicine marvel, keeping our patients feeling and looking younger.
How it works
How it works
Dermal fillers work by imitating a naturally occurring substance – hyaluronic acid (a sugar molecule) that exists naturally within your body. Its normal function is to bind water, so it acts as a lubricant and shock absorber in movable parts of the body.
By boosting your skin with this naturally occurring substance, dermal fillers revitalise and add facial volume to the area instantly. Diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles and giving a natural softer look.
Why we use Dermal Fillers?
Why we use Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers can provide support to underlying structures, where their primary job is to restore volume, shape and lift to the face, in addition to enhancing facial contours. Loss of volume is a natural part of the ageing process and can lead to wrinkles, drooping, shriveling and flattening of different areas of the face. Dermal fillers can be used to soften wrinkles (e.g. around the mouth), lift areas that droop (e.g. jowls, cheeks) and volumise (e.g. lips, cheeks).
At the R clinic, fillers selected integrate beautifully, providing a natural and soft appearance.
At the R clinic we love seeing our patients’ results from dermal fillers. Each treatment is as individual as you are and results from a single treatment can be seen instantly. However, it does take up to four weeks for the filler to hydrate and integrate into the tissues to achieve the final result.
Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, contour the face, create the perfect pout and restore volume. Our focus is giving our patients a natural looking result that does not affect facial expression.
A complimentary review appointment at two weeks enables your provider to assess the final result and make any adjustments as necessary.
- Treatment Time – 40 Mins
- Discomfort – Minimal
- Recovery – 12 Hours
Preparation & Aftercare
- One week prior to the treatment – Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications (such as aspirin, ibuprofen) or supplements (such as St. John’s Wort, Gingko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng).
- Two days prior to the treatment – avoid topical products such as Tretinoin, Retinol, Glycolic Acid.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior.
Attend your appointment with little to makeup on your face. We will remove any remaining makeup when you arrive to your appointment. This is highly important as it allows us to properly assess your face. as well as decreasing the risk of infection at injection sites
Either a small cannula or needle is used to insert the filler into the targeted areas. Cannulas are often preferred for this procedure since they tend to minimise the risk of bruising and swelling afterward. Your overall safety and comfort is a top priority at the R clinic.
This procedure takes up to 30 minutes to complete based on the number of facial areas needing treatment. It can easily be done on your lunch hour or any time of the day where you can free up an hour’s time. If you opt to combine an anti-wrinkle treatment with dermal injections, both procedures can be completed in a single appointment.
Immediately after treatment, you may notice slight redness, swelling, or tenderness, in the treated area. These reactions are to be expected after an injection and usually resolved in a few days. If symptoms persist, please contact your cosmetic practitioner.
• For 12 hours post injection, it is highly advised not to use make-up
• Apply a cool compress to the treatment area (do not apply ice directly to the skin) regularly on the day of treatment
• Avoid any heat inducing activities for 24 hours such as strenuous exercise, spas, sauna and hot showers
• Avoid pressure on the area for the first 48 hours (sleep on your back if possible, no face down massages)
• Avoid alcohol, air travels for 3 days post injection
• Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHA, retinols, vitamin C) and oil base makeup for 48 hours
• Use a topical treatment to soothe and calm the skin such as Bepanthen or Arnica cream. Use this 3 times/day for the next 7 days
• Avoid dental procedure, facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, microdermabrasion, IPL or laser treatments for 2 weeks after treatment
• Do not massage the treatment area unless instructed to do so
Lumps and bumps in the treatment area are also common. These lumps will soften out over time. To make sure everything is looking good and recovering well, your cosmetic practitioner will have booked a follow-up appointment a couple of weeks after the procedure to review the area. During this appointment, you can run over any concerns and ask questions about your recovery.
Pricing & Packages
Dermal Filler Injection
- Dermal Filler – 1ml from $600/ml
- Lip – Subtle & Kissable $550/ml
- Lip – Luxe & Plump $650/ml
- Cheeks Filler – 2 ml $990 for 2 mil
- Temple Filler $750/ml
- Tear Trough Filler $750/ml
- Forehead $1100/ml
Dermal Filler Packages
- Refresh – Dermal Filler (1ml) & Anti-Wrinkle Injection 2 Areas From $815
- Recharge – Dermal Filler (2ml) & Anti-Wrinkle Injection 3 Areas From $1350
- Restore – Dermal Filler (3ml) & Anti-Wrinkle Injection 3 Areas $1790