Discover the transformative power of BioFiller, a cutting-edge solution for natural-looking facial rejuvenation. Say goodbye to wrinkles and hello to youthful radiance!
The future of regenerative aesthetics. BioFiller = Volume Restoration + Tissue Regeneration.
BioFiller is an advanced Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) procedure, which uses specialised equipment to produce an injectable product from a patient’s own blood. BioFiller procedure can help to smooth facial folds and wrinkles, add volume and subtly contour facial features that have lost their volume and fullness due to aging, illness, weight loss etc. This autologous (patient’s own material) injectable utilises the latest technology to provide a natural alternative to Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers and has demonstrated optimal biomechanical and bioactive properties for soft tissue restoration and regeneration from a single procedure.
How it works
How it works
BioFiller uses the latest regenerative medicine technologies to deliver a stable albumin gel, fibrin network and regenerating platelets. This combination product delivers immediate volume restoration from the gel as well as a bio-stimulation and tissue regeneration outcome over the next 3-6 months from the platelet-released growth factors. The aim of the injection is to introduce a layer of BioFiller between the skin and the underlying facial muscle that results in a smoother skin appearance that looks well supported by a more youthful facial structure.
Why we use BioFiller
Why we use BioFiller
- BioFiller delivers volume restoration similar to a HA filler, but it is far softer, more adaptable to dynamic expressions and less likely to form lumps.
- It has the ability to combine both treatments of intra-dermal PRP injection as well as subdermal biofiller injection in the same treatment session.
- Good safety profile compared to HA filler in terms of allergic reaction, rejection, biofilm, granuloma, Tyndall effect.
- BioFiller provides dual benefits of volume restoration + tissue regeneration within a single procedure, all from the patient’s own biology.
- It provides an alternative volume restoration for patients who are not suitable candidates or who don’t want to pursue HA fillers in their “aging well” treatment plan.
The immediate results of bio-filler treatments may include some immediate volumizing effects similar to those from dermal filler. The volume restoration should stabilise for a period of 3-6 months. A second procedure may be required 4-6 weeks later to provide further volume restoration and regeneration to the injected area. Longevity of the result is dependent on many factors including but not limited to age, health, lifestyle, skin conditions, and metabolism. However, the long-term skin rejuvenation effects, such as improved skin texture and collagen production, take time to develop and become more apparent over the course of several weeks to months.
- Treatment Time – 60 mins
- Discomfort – Mild
- Recovery – 1 to 3 days
Preparation and Aftercare
- Avoid taking blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E supplements for at least one week before your treatment to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Inform your doctor about any medications or medical conditions you have before undergoing treatment.
- Avoid using any skin care products containing retinol, glycolic acid, or salicylic acid for at least two days before treatment to reduce the risk of skin irritation.
- Drink plenty of water before your treatment to help hydrate your skin and maximise the effectiveness of the treatment.
A small volume (30ml) of the patient’s blood is collected in the same way as a standard blood test. Using a patented ARTG listed, platelet-concentrating device and a centrifuge, the platelets are separated from the whole blood and collected in a concentrated sample known as PRP. Plasma is also collected and following platelet activation and then gelation protocols, a stable tri-dimensional plasma gel is formed, which is then mixed with high platelet-dose PRP to produce a patient’s own Biofiller. BioFiller is then injected under the skin with a blunt-tip microcannula.
During the injections, patients usually experience a feeling of subtle stinging, and tingling, followed by increased warmth, redness of skin over the injection area. You will also likely experience mild swelling of the treated area as part of your body’s response to the regenerative power of the injected BioFiller. This will last for about 24-48 hours; ice or cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling if required.
To maximise benefit from the Biofiller and PRP procedure we recommend:
- After the procedure, please do not touch the injected skin for 1 hour; or wash your face with cleansers or apply liquid make-up for at least 12 hours post-procedure. If you need to wash your face, please wait 4 hours – use warm water without soap.
- Do not use any products or post-procedure balms, healing gels. No further topical products are needed.
- If you require pain relief, please use Paracetamol or Panadeine only. Please do not use any anti-inflammatory medication (eg: Nurofen) or topical gel (eg: Voltaren) or oral steroids (eg: Prednisone) for 7 days post procedure unless instructed by the attending Doctor.
- Patients who are on aspirin can resume it 48 hours after procedure, unless Doctor directs otherwise.
- Minimal alcohol, coffee, caffeine; no supplements that may increase bruising for 2 days post procedure.
- Nil exercise, spa, sauna that would create a flushed face or excessive facial perspiration for 2 days post procedure.
- As with most post-medical procedure guidelines – a healthy diet, minimal caffeine & alcohol and adequate sleep will allow your body the best chance for a good outcome. Individual patient’s healing response will progress at different rates depending on age, general health and skin condition.
Pricing & Packages
- Full Face Biofiller (12-14ml) $1200
- Tear Trough or Peri-Oral Area (6-7ml) $750
- Neck and Decolletage (12-14ml) $1200
- Hand Rejuvenation (6-7ml) $750
Have further questions or want to learn more?
How much do BioFiller treatments cost?
The cost of BioFiller treatments can vary depending on factors such as treatment areas, the expertise of the provider, the amount of BioFiller used. Generally, the cost can range from $800 to $1600 per treatment session.
What can biofillers treat?
BioFillers can be used to address various cosmetic concerns, including:
- Facial volume loss
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Sun damage
- Skin laxity
What is the safety profile of biofiller?
As the ‘injectate’ is a component of the patient’s own blood, Biofiller procedures have an excellent safety profile in terms of allergic reaction risk or rejection. In Australia, PRP procedures and Medical Devices are regulated by the TGA, to improve safety for patients and patient would be under the care of a trained PRP doctor for the procedure.
How long is the recovery period after a biofiller treatment?
The recovery period after a PRP bio filler treatment is typically minimal. You may experience some temporary redness, swelling, or bruising at the injection site, but these effects usually resolve within a few days. You can usually resume your normal activities immediately after the treatment, although it’s advisable to avoid strenuous exercise, excessive sun exposure, or heat for a short period as these factors may increase the risk of swelling or bruising.
Can anyone get BioFiller treatments?
BioFiller treatments are generally safe for most individuals. However, it’s important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional to determine if you are a suitable candidate. People with certain medical conditions, blood disorders, or who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be eligible for the treatment. The healthcare professional will assess your medical history and discuss any potential risks or contraindications before proceeding with the treatment.
How should I prepare for a BioFiller treatment?
Prior to a BioFiller treatment, it’s important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional who will provide specific instructions based on your individual needs. In general, you may be advised to avoid blood-thinning medications or supplements for a certain period before the treatment to minimize the risk of bruising. It’s also important to disclose any medications, allergies, or medical conditions you have to the healthcare professional to ensure your safety during the procedure.